If you own a large roof, you can install a 10kw solar system with batteries at the top of your house. This solar system is a great investment with a large amount of electricity consumption. This article can provide you with valuable information about a 10-kilowatt solar system.
1. Storage for a 10kW solar system
In Australia, most households use solar panels that have an output rating from 330W to 400W. It signifies that a 10kW system requires 25 to 30 solar panels having a size of 1.7 meters by 1 meter. It needs a space of about 80 meter square for the roof.
2. Energy generated by 10kW solar system
On average, a 10-kilowatt solar system can generate around 40kWh per day. It is around 14,600 kWh per year. The exact power input of a 10kw solar system with batteries depends on several factors. These include:
- The electricity production of a 10kW solar system depends on your location and the season. The system produces more electricity in the area where is plenty of sunlight.
- If shade casts on the panel, it cannot get enough sunlight. This leads to less production of electricity.
- The orientation and tilt angle of the solar panel plays a vital role in energy production. It produces more energy when the sunlight falls perpendicularly on the panel.
The solar system produces power during the daytime that your house consumes first. The system sends the excess power back into the grid, so you receive a feed-in tariff. You can consume as much solar as possible to balance the high consumption tariff on your electricity bill.
3. Cost of a 10kW solar system in 2022
You can expect to pay approximately $8,500 – $13,000 for a high-quality 10kw solar system with batteries in 2022 in Australia. You should get around $4,460 in STCs, also known as a solar rebate.
The exact price of a 10kw solar system with batteries depends on the quality of the battery and other materials inside it. At a high price, you can get top-of-the-line panels, racking and inverter installed. At a minimum price range, you can get a good-quality system if you purchase from a genuine company.
4. Off-grid with a 10kW solar system
If you choose to go off-grid with a 10-kilowatt system, you must consider two factors.
- First, you must check if the location of your house gets enough sunlight. That makes the system produce the power efficiently.
- Second, you must check if your solar panels are shaded or open to receive sunlight freely.
Moreover, you can make a lot of money staying grid-tied for a backup. You only have to purchase a battery backup for storing 70% of your daily usage.
The prices of a 10kw solar system with batteries as well as the solar rebate are reducing year by year. Some states like Queensland and South Australia offer rebates on batteries. So, make a quick decision about your solar system as the longer you wait the shorter rebates become.